BOHRF is an award-winning, innovative niche charity specialising in the provision of evidence based solutions to practical questions asked by employers and their advisers in both private and public sectors.
Our mission is:
'Bringing employers and researchers together to produce research that will contribute to good employee health and performance at work'.
We address the 'big' issues:
- Trauma at work: evaluation of early interventions
- Mental health evidence review
- Back pain and other musculoskeletal disorders
- Occupational asthma
- HAVS evidence review
- Optimal performance and presenteeism
- Ageing workforce
- Bullying at Work
- Fitness at work
Our work is:
- Evidence based, independent and objective
- Of international relevance
- Always of direct practical application at work
- Based on robust methodology so it "does what it says on the tin"
- Independently peer reviewed and scrutinised by the research committee
Our Corporate Governance
All BOHRF research projects are scrutinised by peer reviewers and by the research committee. The aim of this is to assure that the research is capable of delivering the answers being sought.
Funding decisions are made by the BOHRF Board of Trustees, taking account of the peer reviewer reports and the recommendations of the Research Committee. We also listen very carefully to the views of our sponsors, project funders, and other stakeholders about what we should fund.
BOHRF policy and strategy are determined by our Board of Trustees (see Our people for details) which is also responsible for reviewing our risk management controls.
Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No: 3727119
Registered Office: 42 The Croft, High Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 2TL
Last Update: 24-Jan-2012